The Singer Confidence 7463 is a remarkable and user-friendly sewing machine. It’s made with beginners in mind but still provides a wide selection of advanced features.
The immense variety of options help crafters sew their garments in record time but also make the whole process of sewing easier. If you’re a beginner, you will love the Singer Confidence 7463.
It packs convenient features to simplify your sewing experience. One of those features is the drop & sew bobbin system that puts the bobbin thread exactly where you need it. It’s ideal for beginners.
There’s also a built-in needle threader which makes threading the eye of the needle a breeze. It’s perfect for sewers with poor eyesight and short temper like me. It prevents eye strain and saves time.
You will also get 30 built-in stitches including fully automatic 1-step buttonholes, construction stitches, a hand-look quilt stitch, plenty of decorative stitches, etc. The Singer 7463 boosts your creativity.
Each pattern has a one-touch selector button and optimal settings pre-programmed. However, you can adjust the settings of your stitch patterns as you want whenever you want.
Interested in buying this sewing machine? If so, make sure to read my objective Singer Confidence 7463 reviews and consider both the pros and cons before you make a decision.
|Dimensions:||17 x 8 x 12.5 inches|
|Machine weight:||16.25 pounds|
|Machine speed:||750 stitches per minute|
|Bobbin type:||Top drop-in bobbin|
|Automatic needle threader:||Yes|
|Lighting:||2 LED lights|
|Warranty:||25-year limited warranty|
Singer Confidence 7463 Reviews
The Singer brand has well designed this sewing machine for almost any type of user including beginners, intermediate sewers and professionals with extensive experience.
It’s highly-portable and loaded with a lot of beneficial features. The producer has framed this machine to be utilized for different stitching purposes. It provides 30 built-in stitches.
And automatic features which make sewing a lot easier such as the automatic needle threader. It allows the sewers to thread the eye of a needle with ease and prevents eye strain.
Moreover, they can enjoy the advantages of the extra high presser foot available in the sewing unit. The best part? It’s fast! The Singer Confidence 7463 can make 750 stitches per minute.
The advanced sewers can take advantage of the speed and complete large projects in record time. If you want a sewing machine with convenient features, 7463 is the perfect choice for you.
You will get a drop and sew bobbin system which is easier for the newbies to work with than the regular side-loaded bobbin system. It’s also loaded with 2 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes.
The fully automatic 1-step buttonholes make sewing on buttons simple and easier to complete, unlike 4-step buttonholes. The regular 4-step buttonholes can be scary for beginners.
Design and Settings
The Singer Confidence 7463 has 30 inbuilt stitch patterns including hand-look quilt and stretch patterns. All the stitch selections have images of what they will look like.
This makes the stitch selection a breeze for everyone, despite your skill level. All you have to do is press the switch next to your selection line until you receive the one you want and voila.
You’re ready to sew! The adjustable stitch width and length along with 13 adjustable needle positions will make your sewing experience customized to your preference and easier.
Customizing the stitch length and width ensures you receive the exact patterns you need for whatever task you’re working on. The needle positions, on the other hand, ensure you don’t experience problems and difficulties when working on zippers, topstitching, hemming, etc.
The Singer Confidence 7463 is one of the most popular Singer models for new sewers with push-button controls utilized for stitch selection and other standard stitching operations.
Honestly, I feel in love with this unit at first glance! It’s a lovely shade of pink. However, it’s not perfect. Keep on reading to learn the cons but first, let’s summarize the key features.
- Automatic needle threader which prevents eye strain and saves time
- Simple stitch width and length adjustments by utilizing the given button
- Adjustable presser foot lifter that makes stitching heavy, stubborn fabrics easier
- The Singer Confidence 7463 sewing machine can sew up to 750 stitches per minute
- You will get 13 adjustable needle positions and 2 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes
- The thread tension is automatic. However, it has to be customized by the dials provided
- I appreciate top drop-in bobbin systems in sewing machines. They’re a blessing for both newbies and advanced sewers. The side-loading bobbin systems aren’t as convenient as top drop-in ones but luckily, this model has this mechanism. The presser foot pressure and tension are automatic. There’s also a presser foot lifter for extra clearance while working with multiple layers of fabric.
- The free arm capability offers easy access to collars and cuffs. There’s also an automatic bobbin winding clutch for safer bobbin winding.
- This sewing machine provides 2 LED lights so that you can sew in more illumination. I’m a big fan of good lighting. And I would never recommend a sewing machine with poor lighting.
- There’s a wide selection of built-in sewing stitches. You will get 30 different patterns including a hand-look quilt stitch, decorative stitches, stretch stitches, etc.
- The interior of this machine is created of heavy-duty metal that adds to stability and durability. It also boosts the performance of this Singer sewing machine.
- There’s a 6-segment feed dog provided for different types of material stitching. You will also get a dust cover to keep your sewing machine dust-free when not in use.
- Place the darning plate into position over the unit’s feed teeth which stops the feed teeth from getting in touch with the fabric. Utilize this for free-motion sewing like monograms, stitching on buttons, and stipple quilting.
- You can select your pattern with a single touch of a button. The optimum stitch width and stitch length are pre-programmed so you can start working faster. However, they can be customized as desired to your preferences.
Aside from the features that come with this sewing machine, you will also get a couple of accessories to make things easier for both beginners and professionals.
The Singer Confidence 7463 includes a presser foot lifter for greater clearance when dealing with heavy fabrics. There’s also automatic foot pressure control so you don’t have to stress about putting the wrong pressure for the material you’re using.
I recommend this sewing machine to every beginner because it packs automatic features which makes it easier to sew. The thread cutter is one of those features.
The automatic thread cutter eliminates the use of scissors. The Singer Confidence 7463 also includes on-board storage so you can store your sewing accessories easily.
Overall, this sewing machine is perfect for first-time sewers. However, intermediate and advanced users can enjoy simplicity, high performance and impressive features as well.
If you’re looking for a durable, feature-rich, beginner-friendly but still advanced sewing unit that delivers professional-looking results look no further than Singer 7463.
Singer Confidence 7463 Pros and Cons
The Singer Confidence 7463 is one of the best Singer sewing machines manufactured until now. It’s ideal for beginners but packs advanced features for professional-level work.
This advanced model provides a handful of options in the affordable price range of $200. It delivers a lot more than you would expect at this cost. It brings great value for money.
The Singer company is known for producing high-quality sewing machines. 7463 is one of their greatest units. However, it’s not perfect. Let’s summarize the main pros and cons.
- Heavy-duty machinery ensures perfect stitching
- The dust cover provided with the unit is of great quality
- The LED lights perform perfectly. And they’re super useful for working at night
- The Singer Confidence 7463 is a sturdy, long-lasting and stable sewing machine
- The 30 built-in stitch patterns provided are good and basic
- You will get a lot of accessories that will make your sewing experience easier
- The thread tension in the sewing machine performs appropriately
- The 6-segment feeding mechanism provides support to your presser foot from the front to back
- The sewing machine carrier proper stitch width and length adjustment
- 7463 can sew up to 750 stitches per minute which is useful for large projects
- It’s one of the best sewing machines for less than $200
- Outstanding sewing machine for both beginners and experienced sewers
- A large selection of built-in stitch patterns to choose from and express your creativity
- The automatic tension ensures high-quality stitching
- The extra-high presser foot lifter helps you deal with multiple layers of thick fabric
- There’s a free arm which allows you to access hard-to-reach places
- The LED lights have a battery life of 100,000 hours
- You will also get a bunch of presser feet
- The buttonhole part isn’t easy to customize
- The reverse in the unit doesn’t perform properly
- No control over the needle so the needle can’t be positioned up or down
- The sewing machine produces a lot of noise at high speeds
- No drop feed dog option in the sewing machine
How to Use Singer Confidence 7463?
Although it’s easy to use, this sewing machine isn’t a fun one! It has all the standard features to ensure smooth work. However, it’s not loaded with some super exciting features.
In close up, the Singer Confidence 7463 has every possible feature you will need as a beginner. But when you zoom out, other units with better performance and features come into the frame.
The performance of this machine is reasonable. The stitch quality is good. However, it’s nothing special. Using this Singer model is easy. There’s a wide selection of automatic features.
The automatic needle threader, for example, makes threading the eye of a needle a breeze. It prevents eye strain and saves time. The drop and sew bobbin is perfect for beginners.
The automatic stitch width and length, on the other hand, give the right stitch setting every time. Singer 7463 has 13 adjustable needle positions that deliver perfectly positioned topstitching.
You will get 30 built-in stitches including 5 stretch stitches, 6 basic stitches, 17 decorative stitches, and 2 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes. They’re a lot easier to make than 4-step buttonholes.
The best part? If you’re a beginner, you can watch YouTube instructional videos and educate yourself on how to use your new sewing buddy. Last but not least, there’s a heavy-duty metal frame.
Is it Worth Buying?
Honestly, I’m not highly impressed with this sewing machine because you can find a lot of Singer models in the same price range with more features, built-in stitches and better performance.
However, it’s a decent sewing machine for the price. It’s far superior in performance and features when compared to other sewing machines by different companies in the same price range.
If you’re looking for something similar but more advanced, look no further than Singer 7258. It’s another popular model by this brand. You will get 100 built-in stitches, variable speed control, start/stop button, programmable needle up/down, etc. The best part? It’s less expensive than the Singer 7463.
However, if you’re particularly interested in the Singer 7463 because you’ve heard positive words, buy it immediately. It brings great value for money. You won’t regret your purchase in the future.
How to Thread Singer Confidence 7463?
The Singer Confidence 7463 allows you to sew with confidence thanks to the automatic needle threader. If you’re a beginner, you will find threading the eye of a needle scary.
However, with this unit, you don’t have to worry about this process. Singer Confidence 7463 threading is made simple and easy with the automatic needle threader. It eliminates eye strain.
The best part? It saves a lot of time! The automatic needle threader is great for people with bad eyesight like me. The stitch selection process is also simple. It only requires pushing buttons.
With this sewing machine, you will get stretch patterns for stretchy fabrics. And hand-look quilt patterns which appear like hand sewing. All of these stitch options will add creativity to your work.
Singer Confidence 7463 Accessories
The Singer Confidence 7463 helps you sew with confidence despite your skill level. It’s loaded with a lot of advanced features. However, it’s still easy to use.
You can choose from 30 patterns and make quilts, home decor, crafts, fashions, etc. When you choose a pattern, the optimum size adjustments are pre-selected automatically.
This saves guesswork and time. There’s also a top drop-in bobbin system and automatic needle threader which makes threading the eye of a needle a piece of cake.
With this sewing machine, you can make buttonholes in a single step with consistent results every single time. Aside from all of this, you will also get accessories.
Some of those accessories include a general-purpose foot, a blind hem foot, a satin stitch foot, a zipper foot, a buttonhole foot, bobbins, needles, and screwdriver.
You will also receive a seam ripper, a soft dust cover to keep your sewing machine dust-free when not in use, an auxiliary spool pin, a cleaning brush, spool pin felts, etc.
If you’re looking for a walking foot for Singer Confidence 7463, visit this website. You will need this type of foot if you decide to work with heavy-duty fabrics.
Singer Confidence 7463 Manual
The Singer Confidence 7463 manual can be found online. It’s well-written and easy to follow. And makes a great addition for people who have never used a Singer machine before.
This sewing machine is covered by a 25-year limited warranty. You will receive a 5-year limited warranty on lights, wiring, motors, assembly, speed control, switches, and electronic parts.
There’s also a 1-year limited warranty on rings, belts, adjustments, attachments, and bulbs. However, be careful. The warranty can be void if certain requirements aren’t followed.
Singer Confidence 7463 Bobbin
Utilizing the proper tools for any sewing project is crucial. Meaning, always utilize the bobbins that came with your sewing machine.
The Singer Confidence 7463 model is made for a transparent class 15J bobbin only. Utilizing bobbins like a class 15 or metal bobbin can knock the unit out of timing and cause issues.
It could cause damage to the bobbin case system as well. If you have purchased new bobbins, make sure they’re the proper ones.
Singer Confidence 7463 Foot Pedal
The Singer Confidence 7463 includes a foot pedal. With this sewing machine, you will need to utilize the foot control to operate it since it doesn’t have the speed control feature.
Who is Singer Confidence 7463 Made for?
Singer Confidence 7463 is one of the best Singer machines. It’s an electronic, beginner-friendly machine designed with both beginners and advanced garment makers in mind.
It’s well-made and packs some very reliable and authentic features. The unit is indeed super easy to use. You will receive automatic features like an automatic needle threader.
It’s one of the unit’s best attributes and saves a lot of time in positioning your thread in the needle’s eye. The built-in stitches included can be used for completing various tasks.
There’s even a stitch width and length adjustment option that’s built into the unit. The sewers just have to press the button and adjust their stitch size according to their preference.
The best thing? This sewing machine can sew up to 750 stitches per minute. This is a good speed for big projects. If you’re a professional sewer, you will also love this machine.
The top drop-in bobbin system is another impressive feature which I highly appreciate. Newbies will also appreciate this feature because it allows you to carry the sewing task quicker.
The multiple presser feet included in the purchase add to the versatility of 7463. You can handle various types of fabric without any hassle. I also appreciate the bright LED light bulbs.
I’m a night owl who works after midnight. Therefore, I need good lighting. I never recommend machines without good lighting. The lights are also helpful for sewers with poor eyesight.
So far, this sewing machine sounds perfect. However, it’s not. According to some people, it’s loud at high speeds. Others face issues in reversing the unit. The producer needs to fix this issue.
Additionally, the buttonholes aren’t as good as advertised. Overall, it’s a very interesting machine with a bunch of features. It’s perfect for new sewers who’re looking for some good start.
The features it packs are excellent to complete different sewing projects. In my opinion, the pros of this machine outweigh the cons. The Singer Confidence 7463 is worth buying.
Where to Buy Singer Confidence 7463?
If you want to sew with confidence, the Singer Confidence 7463 is a perfect place to start. It’s one of the best Singer sewing machines. It can be found in both in-person and online stores.
Hopefully, my Singer Confidence 7463 reviews have helped you learn all you wanted to know about this machine. Feel free to share your thoughts or questions in the comments if any.
In conclusion, 7463 is one of the best Singer sewing machines on the market for the price. You can find it for less than $200. It brings great value for money. It’s lightweight and super-versatile.
The Singer 7463 is made with newbies in mind. However, experienced sewers can buy it as their backup machine. In my opinion, the positives of this Singer sewing machine outweigh the negatives.
You will also get a lot of accessories. Have you ever used this sewing machine? What’s your experience? Share your thoughts in the comments below! I would love to hear your opinion.