When it comes to sewing, we can relate to many of its roles and properties. Sometimes sewing is just a skill needed to deal with unexpected situations happening with your clothes or someone in your family.
However, this article has a more intensive purpose; it can be useful for those who are looking for a sewing machine under $100 dedicated to their needs but still do not know which product is suitable for their current conditions.
Each sewing machine product on the market today offers different utilities. Besides, these products also have certain shortcomings. It does not take too much time to read about reflecting on what mentioned in this article, but it also helps you find a useful assistant for future sewing work with a reasonable price.
Basic Factors of a Low-Price Sewing Machine
Before going over the details of sewing machines with low budget, I recommend that you consider the following factors in product selection so that you will be easier to draw what you expect and make a good choice.
A mechanical sewing machine is a type of sewing machine operated and operated by a removable motor system and connected to a motor by a moving belt or belt. The motor pulley fixes the sewing speed.
The electronic sewing machine is a type of device operated and operated by the motor system installed in the body (no need for belts or transfer belts), the engine is controlled or programmed by electronic boards. It can easily control the machine speed when sewing.
Depending on your sewing purpose, you can select the type of sewing machine based on the position where the motor is located. This significantly contributes to the speed and satisfaction of your needs for your sewing projects.
2. Built-In Stitches
Choose a sewing machine with at least 6 integrated stitches. The device must have all the essential stitches (almost all beginners have this) plus some decorative stitches and buttons. The reason why I choose number 6 is that it gives you some chances to develop your creativity. If you have a sewing machine with necessary stitches, you tend to finish quickly. Several stitches give you the opportunity to test and learn skills along the way.
3. Thread Automatically
The thread issue is only a problem for users of older models. This issue will be minimized on newer models, thanks to the automatic needle threading feature. This feature allows users to relax their eyes to the maximum during work because it will help you thread through the eye quickly and save tremendous effort. But do not think this will be a default feature in all the beginners. Although most have this feature, you can still find machines that do not have this feature.
Most beginners have the false impression that ‘The lighter the machine, the better,’ which is not an ideal way of thinking. Yes, lightweight is useful if you want to take your machine to sewing classes. But do not choose the device too light, because it can vibrate at high speed, this will affect the overall seam quality.
5. Knot in One Step or 4 Steps for Maximum
Old mechanical sewing machines come with small 4-step holes. Modern sewing machines come with 1-step small holes that allow you to finish it in a single step. Which one is more beginner-friendly? That is your choice. Don’t be fooled by the word ‘Modern’ here, because there are still some sewing machines for modern beginners with a 4-step button. As a beginner, you are better off with a sewing machine with as fewer small holes as possible.
6. Bobbin Gyroscope
Another feature helps improve usability with some margins. In the case of a drop bobbin, release the bobbin into the slot. New machines are starting with bobbins’ front-loading, this is very time-consuming when you have to remove the storage compartment attachment whenever you want to change the bobbin. Besides, you do not get the luxury of watching the threads. So choose one of the scrolls on the dropdown.
What Kinds of Fabrics and What Can I Sew With Cheap Sewing Machine?
1. Cotton Fabric
The fabric that has been and is most widely used today is cotton. Due to being made from many natural ingredients, the fabric is soft, elastic and not particularly irritating to the skin like many other man-made fibers. This type of fabric is always the first choice that lets you and your sewing machine create beautiful costumes for the family.
2. Kaki Fabric
Kaki fabric is a durable fabric made from cotton or twill synthetic fibers. Compared to other fabrics, kaki fabric is harder and thicker, so it is commonly used for sewing office clothes and labor protection uniforms.
3. Jeans Fabric
Jean fabric is a raw cotton fabric, woven from 2 yarns of the same color and completely from cotton. Jeans are durable and popularly used to make clothes for all classes and ages.
4. Rough Fabric
The names of the fabrics that are most popular today cannot help but mention raw fabric. Duffle is often used to make pants for women.
5. Chiffon Fabric
Chiffon fabric is derived from artificial materials, but the fabric is soft, gentle and gives the wearer a comfortable feeling, so it is used quite popular. Chiffon to sew office shirt.
Linen fabric is quite familiar in everyday clothing. Linen is also used to make dresses to create an elegant femininity for girls.
There are also other fabrics such as fleece, wool, silk, etc. The properties of these fabrics have many characteristics that only some sewing machines below $100 can afford. I will be more specific to you below the following specific review.
What is The Best Sewing Machine Under $100?
First of all, I should help you get the most comprehensive view possible through a brief list of key features and basic figures in the table below. After that, you may have some vague intentions for yourselves and save time by reading a detailed review of the products you are targeting.
- Best Overall: Brother XM2701 White Lightweight Sewing Machine
“Many friendly features, compact design and suitable for a variety of user kinds.”
- Best Budget: Janome Fastlane Fuschia Basic Sewing Machine
“Integrated 10 stitches, arms free and affordable.”
- Best for Beginners: Singer Start 1304 6 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
“Portable, easy to use, flexible and simple presets.”
- Best for Intermediate Aewers: Michley LSS-505 Multi-Purpose Sewing Machine
“Auto rewind, multi-function, capable of troubleshooting and double the speed.”
- Best for Advanced Sewers: Singer Simple 3232 32 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
“Sturdy metal frame, fast operation and able to sew heavy products.”
- Best for Seamtress: Singer Tradition 2259 19 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
“Integrated with many automatic features, stable speed and high durability.”
- Best for Craftmen: Varmax Portable Sewing Machine
“Equipped with speed control, mini-size and suitable for small craft projects.”
- Best for Making Clothes: Brother RLX3817A Blue Sewing Machine
“Suitable for sewing at home, the features are diverse enough and anti thread-jam well.”
- Best for Quilting: Michley LS-505+ Desktop Sewing Machine
“Meets all your basic sewing needs, can be flexible with a power adapter or battery and suitable for sewing essential home accessories.”
- Best for Fleece: Janome Mystical Mint 18 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
“Lovely design, easy to set up and support diverse seams.”
- Best Computerized Sewing Machine: Janome Arctic Crystal Sewing Machine
“Elegant colors, metal frames form the solid block and speed flexibility.”
- Best Portable: Haitral 2019 Version-White Sewing Machine
“Unique wide sewing table, super compact size and extremely low price.”
Basic Figure Comparison Chart of Sewing Machines Under $100
Below is a table of general information about each product, including size, weight, and approximate price. It would be helpful if you focused on the factors that you feel are necessary, thereby filtering out products that can fit your budget and desires.
|Best Sewing Machines Under $100||Dimensions||Weight||Built-in Stitches|
|Brother XM2701 White Lightweight Sewing Machine - Best Overall||12.1 x 5.9 x 15.3 inches||12.6 pounds||27|
|Janome Fastlane Fuschia Basic Sewing Machine - Best Budget||10.5 x 5 x 9 inches||5 pounds||10|
|Singer Start 1304 6 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine - Best for Beginners||13 x 7 x 11.5 inches||11.5 pounds||6|
|Michley LSS-505 Multi-Purpose Sewing Machine - Best for Intermediate Sewers||10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2 inches||5.35 pounds||8|
|Singer Simple 3232 32 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine - Best for Advanced Sewers||15 x 7.5 x 12 inches||12.25 pounds||32|
|Singer Tradition 2259 19 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine - Best for Seamtress||15 x 6.2 x 12 inches||13.6 pounds||19|
|Varmax Portable Sewing Machine - Best for Craftmen||6.9 x 3.5 x 8.6 inches||2.65 pounds||12|
|Brother RLX3817A Blue Sewing Machine - Best for Making Clothes||17.3 x 14.3 x 7.1 inches||12.75 pounds||17|
|Michley LS-505+ Desktop Sewing Machine - Best for Quilting||10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2 inches||5.45 pounds||12|
|Janome Mystical Mint 18 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine - Best for Fleece||10.5 x 5 x 9 inches||5 pounds||10|
|Janome Arctic Crystal Sewing Machine - Best Computerized Sewing Machine||16 x 7 x 12 inches||12 pounds||15|
|Haitral 2019 Version-White Sewing Machine - Best Portable||10.1 x 8.9 x 5.9 inches||2.55 pounds||8|
Top 12 Best Sewing Machines Under $100
It cannot be more convenient when you can update and look up information about the best sewing machines on the market today in just one article. I will help you to identify the outstanding features, advantages, and disadvantages, as well as the information included in the detailed review below. Trust me; you won’t have to be so confused!
Brother XM2701 White Lightweight Sewing Machine
This is a prominent machine on the market today. With comprehensive functionality, compact design and affordable price, this machine is suitable not only for those who are new to sewing, but also an optimal choice for professional sewing people looking for an average price product but good quality.
- The machine includes 27 stitches and 63 very diverse stitch functions
- Integrated 6 different sewing pins such as zigzag sewing, zipper sewing, button sewing, button sewing and decorative sewing
- Large machine capacity but very quiet operation, does not create strong noise like some other machines
- Support of two bobbin for double stitching for more certainty
- Very scientific and beautiful design
- Easier for users to manipulate
- Built-in LEDs so you can sew in low light
- Just turn the dial to select the stitch you want
- The drop bobbin system is jam-proof and the automatic threader makes it easy to start the sewing process quickly
- LEDs do not work for a long time
- Video tutorials are not really helpful
- Adjust the speed of difficulty for beginners
|Dimension||12.1 x 5.9 x 15.3 inches|
|Sewing feet for quick change||6|
I believe this video will be very thorough for you:
Janome Fastlane Fuschia Basic Sewing Machine
The second product that I would recommend is this super-affordable sewing machine. This compact machine is designed to be completely portable, it is often the first choice for sewing enthusiasts living in rental apartments or dormitories, participants in sewing classes or a group of friends to do it manually.
- 10 integrated stitches including straight, zigzag, crescent with two-needle positions
- Free arm, accessory storage, easily reversible
- Bobbin drop-in front
- There is a finger guard that protects your little finger when you work
- Free arm, a finger guard and bobbin drop-in front
- Many colors to choose
- Very suitable for teaching sewing or sewing sewing for children
- Easy to carry and move
- Good quality compared to cheap prices
- Some parts are quite brittle and fragile
- The durability is not high
- Some types of stitches do not work really smoothly
|Dimension||10.5 x 5 x 9 inches|
In order to earn more further informations, you should watch this video:
Singer Start 1304 6 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
(Best for Beginners)
The sewing machine with this heavy metal frame will give users a feeling of certainty and reliability than ever. Along with that, the manufacturer was also very interested in providing extra sheets to ensure that the fabric will always be kept straight and flat when sewing. What better than an incredibly powerful assistant like this in your needlework?
- Width of 5 millimeter stitches and 6 integrated stitches such as: straight, zigzag, zipper, sewing buttons, buttons, up clothes
- Speed: 350-400 stitches per minute
- Presser foot includes: multi-function presser foot, zipper leg, sewing button
- All-Purpose Foot, buttonhole in 4 steps
- Modern machine design and scientific layout of buttons for you to manipulate more easily
- The inside heavy metal frame helps link the perfect mechanisms and gives the machine durability
- It has a large capacity but still operates smoothly and smoothly without too noise
- Not suitable for thick fabrics
- The needle threader sometimes stops working suddenly
|Dimension||13 x 7 x 11.5 inches|
This clear clip might interest you significantly:
Michley LSS-505 Multi-Purpose Sewing Machine
(Best for Intermediate Sewers)
Different from those who are new to sewing, those who have certain experience in this field need more than the basic features of the product above. I guarantee that the following sewing machine will satisfy you with its troubleshooting ability, reversing and reversing speed. The machine incorporates 8 stitches – a sufficient amount for most fabrics you use.
- Rewind theme automatically
- Sewing forward & reverse
- Double yarn, double speed
- Can sew sleeves
- Included AC adapter and LED
- Foot pedal firmly
- Compact design and kid-friendly
- The tension knob is well established
- Light enough to work at night
- Sounds a little noisy
- Plastic bobbin is quite fragile
|Dimension||10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2 inches|
You should watch this video because it’s really usefull:
Singer Simple 3232 32 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
(Best for Advanced Sewers)
This miracle sewing machine integrates up to 32 stitches, an unexpected number for the mid-priced models in the market. Not only that, this product also includes the ability to buttonhole in one step and a metal frame feels safe for users. If you are someone that has a lot of sewing experience, and is looking for higher demands for your work or passion, I recommend that this product can be considered a respectable decision.
- Quick and easy needle threading in seconds
- Max speed 750 shots / minute
- Sew multiple layers of thick fabric
- The presser foot can be controlled to a higher position to easily position your products
- Wrapping needles, spool caps, Bobbins
- Gentle weight
- Easy to use and adjust
- Working steadily and stable intensity with all fabrics
- Video tutorials are useful and specific
- Accessories are quite complete
- There may be problems in long-term sewing projects
- Some trouble may occur with tension
- It keeps jamming up sometimes
|Dimension||15 x 7.5 x 12 inches|
This video was made carefully by manufacturer to make sure that you can understand your partner as well:
Singer Tradition 2259 19 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
(Best for Seamtress)
I must admit to you that I was extremely excited to see this model’s design. It looks extremely compact and modern, the design of this product will make you want to start creating immediately. In addition, a good warranty from the manufacturer can also give you some peace of mind.
- 19 integrated stitches
- Button in just four steps
- 90-day limited warranty for adjustments, belts, rings, light bulbs, accessories
- Needle threader
- All-Purpose Foot and guideline
- The seam is straight and firm
- Convenience in storage
- Easy to use
- Smooth use process
- More suitable for small projects
- Bobbin may fall off
|Dimension||15 x 6.2 x 12 inches|
Varmax Portable Sewing Machine
(Best for Craftmen)
Referring to this product, in addition to promoting the practicality with the especially useful extension table design and the extremely compact size that it brings, I can make you more surprised with the features. but only this tiny product can satisfy you: Stitching sleeves and pants. In addition, the after-sales service and warranty that the manufacturer promises will also act as an insurance package for your device.
- Large and handy sewing tables
- Special cuffs
- Double stitches and two speed control
- AC/DC adapter
- Beautifully designed, luxurious with high durability.
- Multi-function sewing capabilities, convenient.
- Diverse accessories
- Sometimes small design can be a disadvantage
- Lower bobbin
|Dimension||6.9 x 3.5 x 8.6 inches|
Please watch this video for more detailed review:
Brother RLX3817A Blue Sewing Machine
(Best for Making Clothes)
This sewing machine is designed for family needs or small-scale business sewing needs, compact, elegant design products with delicate blue color are pleasing to you. Brother sewing machines are highly appreciated for their ability to sew with 17 basic stitches for normal garment needs, decoration and on many positions, different fabric materials.
- Multi-function mechanical sewing machine for sewing, repairing, sewing, curtain, cushioning
- Easy to use with the control dial
- Propellers are easily replaced for suitable use
- The upper thread tension control dial and clear bobbin wrap
- Multi-function sewing machine line, which can perform various stitches
- Easy to use, safe for users
- Nice and luxurious design
- Sewing capacity is not high
- There is no LED light to support lighting
|Dimension||17.3 x 14.3 x 7.1 inches|
You can watch this video and discuss with your friends:
Michley LS-505+ Desktop Sewing Machine
(Best for Quilting)
Cotton fabric is usually quite cheap and popular for customers. People tend to use this material for their debut products like blankets or quilting, etc. This machine is the smart decision for that need.
- Double sewing thread lock
- Presser foot is replaceable
- Magnetic coil drop down for easy pointing
- Use the hand switch or foot pedal to get started
- Sewing machine is integrated with many different functions (zigzag, feather, triangle, ..) for you to unleash creativity and rich sewing products
- Supported buttonholes
- The seam is very solid, beautiful and neat
- Can adjust the zigzag well
- There is a complicated thread piercing process.
- No led lighting
|Dimension||10.8 x 4.8 x 10.2 inches|
I’m sure that this video will help you a lot:
Janome Mystical Mint 18 Built-In Stitches Sewing Machine
(Best for Fleece)
Fleece fabric is a sophisticated choice for more advanced creations. However, this fabric is quite difficult to preserve and difficult to create a specialized sewing machine is extremely necessary. Through my experience, I feel that this sewing machine is capable of handling all kinds of difficult fabrics, if you want to challenge yourself with new challenges, what are you afraid to try?
- Handy to hold and move
- Beautifully designed, novel colors
- 18 stitches integrate a variety of stitches
- Can sew on many different materials like felt, linen, silk, jean …
- Diagram & Bobbin drop with clear lid for easy setup
- Additional designed propellers, accessories
- The machine works extremely smoothly, does not make any noise
- The machine uses flexible Pedan, which helps you adjust the speed as fast as you like
- The bobbin thread holder misses the beat
- Thread jam might happen
|Dimension||10.5 x 5 x 9 inches|
I hope this video link will make you have right choice:
Janome Arctic Crystal Sewing Machine
(Best Computerized Sewing Machine)
One of the products that impress consumers in the field of sewing recently is this Janome series. It has a fairly simple design with colors that are considered delicate and elegant, which suit the tastes of most users. In addition, the features that maintain a stable performance during use also make people appreciate the durability of the product.
- Integrate 15 different stitches
- Thread embroidery in 4 easy steps
- Front thread-drop system
- Convenient reverse lever
- Feed Dog 3 pieces System
- Can move the machine gently but extremely safe
- Reduce complexity
- Scientific structure
- The price is quite reasonable
- The weight is a bit heavy
- Difficult to sew thick fabrics, sew many layers of fabric
|Dimension||16 x 7 x 12 inches|
Find some similar features in this video please:
Haitral 2019 Version-White Sewing Machine
Portable is a basic property that is noticeable in most sewing machines today. Among them, this machine can be considered as a bright candidate for the top spot thanks to the size and weight are minimized. However, this machine still ensures a full range of functions as well as the most basic requirements from the user, so you do not need to worry too much!
- Extended sewing table
- Double the normal speed
- 2 different power taking modes: AC adapter and AA battery
- Has compact design, simple, easy to use.
- The sewing machine is easy to repair when broken down, the cost of each repair is not expensive.
- There are 8 seam styles to give you flexibility in the styles and products you create.
- Machine speed up to 400 shots / minute
- The product does not have a presser foot and a bobbin, so if you want to buy it separately
- Its reversible lever is made of plastic so it is not sturdy
|Dimension||10.1 x 8.9 x 5.9 inches|
Watch this video for careful guideline:
Instructions on How to Use the Sewing Machine Effectively?
The first thing that is very important for efficient use of the sewing machine is that the user should determine the position of the machine space accordingly. Because of an appropriate comfortable position, a convenient space will definitely make our process more flexible.
Although this is a very simple factor, it is sure that the effectiveness will be greatly improved when I change. Next, after having a stable position, the detailed steps to use the machine are better, I refer to the provided tutorial videos.
My Top Pick
My Top Pick is Brother XM2701 white lightweight sewing machine, this product is reasonable price, medium size, it can meet quite perfectly the needs of color, quality and price. It can bring to you precious experience with sewing soon.
With today’s diverse apparel needs, users can easily choose to buy sewing machines with diverse designs and different prices.
Depending on the actual use, customers evaluate the best type of household sewing machine today and suitably, hope the experience above will be useful information for consumers to choose appropriate sewing machines.